Everyone loves the taste of pizza, not the high amounts of fat and calories that come with every bite. The recipe below is a quick, easy, and healthy alternative that’ll leave you feeling satisfied – minus the guilt. Not only do these Pizza Peppers taste great, but they’ll also improve your overall health and decrease your waistline. Bon appetite!
Roasted Pizza Peppers
- 4 Large Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow or Orange)
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Pesto or Olive Oil
- Cherry Tomatoes Sliced
- Basil Leaves
- Clean Peppers and slice each into 4 flat pieces.
- Place sliced pepper pieces onto cookie sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil or spread pesto over peppers.
- Top with Mozzarella, cherry tomato slices and basil leaves.
- Broil in the oven on high for 7-10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and enjoy!